Saturday, August 4, 2007

They Always Come Back...Robustoland or BUST

So after taking a general break from online poker for this whole year, and a complete break over the beginning of summer (didn't play, read hands or even visit the forums at twoplustwo.com), I got the itch a few weeks ago and checked my PokerStars account.

I had 80 dollars in it. I saw a $109 multi-table tournament starting up in five minutes, and knew that I had to play it. I went to 2/4, stole the blinds after going all in preflop several times and soon had 115.

Long story short, I final-tabled the tournament for $1k that night.

In the last few weeks, I've been playing here and there but I've decided to take poker seriously again for the month of August.

I'll be playing .5/1 ($100 buy-in) at PokerStars, ten and 12-tabling the games like no other. Ten and 12-tabling sounds ridiculously insane, but it's really not that hard as at the level of .5/1, the game is completely mechanical and so many of the people play totally transparent. Also, playing so many tables keeps me from tilting and playing off my A-game--which is the only real problem I have had as a poker player.

And as I've found in the last week or so, the games are still pretty soft and there's still a shit ton of money to be made in online poker--my hourly rate at .5/1 is easily over $100, and with my current sample size of 5,000 hands in the last week, it's at ~$130 an hour.

I'll be updating this blog regularly with how things are going. Hopefully it'll motivate me and keep me from tilting or whatever like I always have done in the past.

I'm working a 9-5 and have writing gigs on the side, but it shouldn't be impossible. I'm gonna try to play 60k hands this month. 12-tabling, that comes out to an average of 2 hours a day. My social life shouldn't be hurt either--I'm just going to manage my time better and stop wasting time on facebook/aim etc. Realistically, I won't reach 60k hands for the month, but it's still worth setting the goal.

Anyway, here's to my journey back to Robustoland...HOLLLAAAA

AUGUST so far:
5.5 hours, 5,100 hands, +725 profit.

No comments: